Clear and Simple Fly Tying
Fly Fishing Instruction
Welcome! We're glad you're here...
Fly tying and fly fishing are equal parts fun, art, information, and fascination. Whatever tips and lessons Skip has
learned at the vise or by the stream, you'll find them here.
So...Who are We?
We are Skip Morris, the down-to-earth author of twelve books on tying flies and fly fishing (including the best-selling beginner's book,
Fly Tying Made Clear and Simple), and Carol Ann Morris, whose artful photography and detailed watercolors have been published in
major fly fishing magazines (ie, Gray's Sporting Journal and Fly Fishing & Tying Journal), and also in Skip's
books and articles.
We're a husband-and-wife team who've been fishing together for twenty years, and we love sharing our passion for fly fishing.
We'll provide you with clear and simple instruction to make your journey into this sport fun and informative.
The Creative Art of Tying Flies
If you want to learn how to tie the Turck Tarantula, you'll find instructions here. The Miracle Midge? It's here too.
So are the Articulated Leech and the Hackled Skip Nymph.
All are effective, intriguing flies, and there are many more.
Every tying step is explained with clear and simple instruction through detailed text and up-close-and-personal photographs,
and that makes tying these flies easy to learn.
An Insider's Tips for Taking Fish on a Fly
There is also instruction on how to use big attractor flies to motivate large trout to strike, how to catch salmon off of Washington's
wild coast, and how to work chironomid-pupa imitations deep in a lake where big trout live.
There are many other techniques we'll share based on our experience on the water, and these tips will help you hook
more fish and have more fun doing it.
Get an inside look at the secrets of this amazing sport, and find out more about the intriguing world of fly tying and fly fishing.
The information offered here gives you the chance to learn new skills and enjoy yourself as you go.
Fly Fishing and Tying Article Libraries
The fly fishing and tying article links below (and in the left-hand navigation column) will take you to previously-published magazine articles
(most of them written by Skip, and a couple were written by Carol).
These informational pieces span 25 years.
Some are filled with the fundamentals of tying and fishing techniques that remain vital to this day.
Others contain cutting-edge fishing strategies or outline clear and simple tying instructions for many of today's most popular flies.
Skip's books, flies, lessons, ezine, and more....
Other links take you to information about Skip's books, fly designs, fly tying lessons, talks and presentations, and the on-line magazine
HookedNow, that he contributes to (along with fellow fly-fishing writers Dave Hughes and Rick Hafele).
So...are you ready to get started?
Find a quiet corner, settle into your favorite chair, and join us...
Table of Contents
- Fly Tying Articles by Skip Morris
- A diverse collection of fly tying articles written by fly fishing author and speaker, Skip Morris.
- Skip Morris Fly Tying Blog
- Skip Morris Fly Tying Blog keeps you up-to-date with all the additions and changes to the skip-morris-fly-tying.com website. Subscribe here.
- Fly Fishing Articles by Skip Morris
- A collection of fly fishing articles that author Skip Morris has published
with the major fly-fishing magazines over the past 20-some years.
- Skip Morris Presentations: Fly-Fishing & Tying Talks and Clinics
- Skip Morris Presentations: Master tier Skip Morris offers a variety of talks and clinics on fly fishing
and fly tying that have been popular at fly fishing clubs and shows around the world.
- Skip Morris, Fly Fishing Author and Speaker
- Who is Skip Morris? He is a fly fishing author and expert fly tier who has published over 200 articles and twelve
books on fly tying and fly fishing.
- Personal Appearances and Speaking Engagements
- Skip Morris, fly fishing author and speaker, makes personal appearances to perform clinics, tying demonstrations,
and slide shows throughout the year. Here's his current schedule.
- Contact Us
- Contact us if you are interested in having noted fly fishing authority Skip Morris speak at your club, fly shop, or fly fishing event.
- Skip Morris Flies
- Skip Morris flies are designed by master fly tier and author, Skip Morris. After rigorous testing, each of his
finished fly designs are tough, swim/shimmy or float as designed, and fish love them.
- Fly Tying Lessons with Skip Morris
- Fly tying lessons with master fly tier and instructor, Skip Morris. Skip is offering one-on-one one-hour fly tying lessons with
individuals up to groups of four.
- Fly Fishing ENewsletter called HookedNow
- Dave Hughes, Skip Morris, and Rick Hafele have put together a fly fishing enewletter (called HookedNow) designed to help you
improve your fly fishing skills whether you are new to fly fishing or an old timer.
- Fly Fishing Photo Essays
- Fly fishing photo essays by professional fly fisher and author Skip Morris and his wife, photographer Carol
Ann Morris. These essays document fly fishing adventures these two avid fly fishers have taken over the last twenty years.
- Skip Morris DVDs
- Skip Morris DVDs...master fly tier and fly fishing author Skip Morris has a variety of DVDs available that
explore the world of fly tying and fly fishing. For both the beginner and experienced angler and fly tier.